Friday, May 23, 2014

Dragonflies by Moonlight - CC3C

This fortnight Linda Ledbetter and the Curiosity Crew over at the Compendium of Curiosities #3 Challenge have asked us to use Distress Glitter in a piece. At first I must admit, I thought glitter is glitter. No. Absolutely Not. Distress Glitter sparkles more, has more facets, or deeper color or something because it is just the coolest glitter EVER on the face of the planet! I started using it around Christmas time and had kind of put it away. So glad that I got my colors back out and started to play. I really do LOVE this stuff.

Compendium of Curiosities is Tim Holtz's third book of techniques....and this week the Funky Junkie Boutique is the prize sponsor.  Those nice guys, Tim and Mario have also donated a bundle of goodies for prizes each week too. So join us over the CC3C and give it a try.

The distress glitter techniques are on pages 55 and 56. In Dragonflies by Moonlight I used Mustard Seed in the Moon, and a mixture of Clear Rock Candy, Pumpice Stone and Tumbled Glass on the dragonfly wings.




The large dragonfly from the Classics #1 set was stamped directly on a piece of palette paper I had been using the other day. I had some paint left over, so I smooshed it around with a credit card and left it to dry. I love using the "leftovers" in my art. The two little dragon flies were cut using a Memory Box die cut on the same paper.



The moon is Distress Paint in Picket Fence, Weathered Wood, Brushed Pewter and Squeezed Lemonade marbled together. The bottom circle is covered in glitter. To finish things off I used a border of gold embossing powder.


I love dragonflies, and I saw my first one in the "wild" (you know, in my driveway) a couple of days ago. Now I'm just waiting to catch on by moonlight!



4 comments:

  1. Another moon!!! LOVE it! The multi glittered dragonfly is gorgeous as well! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that dragonfly is gorgeous! What a great idea for using the glitter. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post.

    Thank you for supplying this info.

    Feel free to visit my webpage; goji berry - www.youtube.com,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that sparkly dragonfly is fabulous! Now THAT is a good use for glitter!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)