Friday, May 3, 2013

Play Time with Tim's Tag

I hope Tim Holtz is a happy man because he just keeps doing the most AMAZING things and making so many people happy!! Including ME!

The 12 Tags of 2013 May version is a wonder. I saw it when I was traveling and it combines some of my favorite things. Film strip ribbon, word bars, and rub-ons and of course COLOR.

I am really having a blast with the rub-ons. They remind me of the rub-on letters we used one summer to put together a theatre program, except the ones on the market now are just so cool. Tim's especially!!

Check out his techniques here! Fabulous ideas. Here's my version.


Because my central image, the Eiffel Tower had less mass than than the original I embossed it with clear embossing powder, to give a bit more heft.


One of Tim's elements are the rub-on's on the enameled tags. Small problem. Don't have those yet. First I tried painting over a plaquette with white paint which worked pretty well until I put the alcohol ink on it. The paint reacted differently than the enamel. So I tried to correct that so much I ruined it.

Then I wondered about a Fragment. Love the fragments...and do have a bunch of those. Problem is they're transparent and with everything going on in the background of the tag it got kind of lost. AHA. Metal foil sheets to the rescue. I put some of that on the back and it adds a whole another element to the tag. Forgive me, but I love it. I see many of these in my future!


What a fun, colorful, inky mess I made tonight in the Fun Room. I'm a happy girl! Hope you are too. Thanks for visiting.


18 comments:

  1. Sara j! My goodness me! I LOVE your tag. So many details and beautiful colors. Gorgeous.
    hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metal foil - aha indeed! Good thinking ;-) Love the result, the colours are perfect for our cold autumn day to cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Your tag is so pretty. Just love what you created ! Also great warm colors you used !!!!
    Did you rub the rub ons on top of the fragment ? I find is's a great idea to put foil behond the fragment.
    Thank you for sharing. I soaked a lot of inspiration from your pretty artistic work.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comments. I did just rub the rub-ons right on top of the fragment. I colored it first with a bit of lemonade and stream alcohol inks. The effect is pretty cool.

      Delete
  4. Oh, fabulous, Sara! Love your take on the tag, and your improvisation with the metal sheet and the fragment is inspired. Everything looks so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, Sara! Love the trinket you created and the colors you used. Looks like Paris in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the warm colors you used and the way you incorprated the effiel tower stamp! the embellishment you made looks fantastic! i love creating my own embellishments and trinkets because it's more customized than just purchasing it from the store. overall, you have created a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors and I like the splotches you have on your tag! One of my favorite techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done your win Sara, your tag is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely, your tag is awesome. Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara, love your tag great stamping choices and great idea with the fragment charm . Congrats are also in order whoopie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on having a winning tag. I especially like the fragment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations SARA!!!! Way to go...........you have come a long way since some "thank you" cards a few years ago. YOU are AWESOME. Your friend Linda from Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the win Sara, lovely work, the colours look like peach melba! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your deservwd win. Great interpretation. Sandy Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag Sara! Love you colors on the background and I really like what you did in place of the enamel tag. What a great idea. I have a few of those fragments hanging around. I want to try that idea! Congrats on the win!

    -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tag... the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)