Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Tidyed up for WOYWW #152

Greetings oh fellow WOYWW'ers...
....(that's What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday for my non-fellow Woyww'ers--a kind of fun and odd in the very best sense of the word opportunity to go snoopy about other people's workspaces which Julia Dunnitt hosts each week on her blog, Stamping Ground)

I'm still in quarantine with my ear shingles, Ramsay Hunt Syndrome which is getting more than old. However....I have had lots of time to play and watch You Tube. My new addiction. Oh, it's bad. Whew....

So anyway, my work space was getting smaller and smaller as I zoomed from project to project (did I mention they treat this with steroids?) so finally yesterday I thought I might tidy up a bit.


Pretty impressive, huh?

The small pile to the right is paper for a possible mini-album for my daughter's prom with her boyfriend; the pile to the right are letters which have been painted and stickled for some banner desk plaques/cards which I started playing with last week for a Simon Says Stamp Challenge which you can see  here. The pile in the middle is for my next project.

This is what it looked like about 5 milliseconds after I took the first picture:



And this is what the other table in the Fun Room looked like. I'm really into mini-albums right now which seems really odd to me, but at least they are functional. I think it's fun playing with all the paper too. And it's quick and easy - not requiring too much concentration from my addled brain right now,

For a quick tour around this same Fun Room wall, I show you:


And

Lastly, Alaska time is eight hours earlier than Greenwich Mean Time, which means when it's 10:00 pm there, it's only 2:00 pm here....which is why I always am, and always will be at the tale end of the posts. C'est la vie.

Thanks again Julia for your good humor and great idea of What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.

16 comments:

  1. never heard of ear shingles, I thought they attacked the whole body at once, hope you get better soon. desk is impressive-congrats. love the rest of your craft area
    Bridget #172

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your storage. As for the desk keeping tidy, it doesn't take long for it to get 'busy' again - thanks for sharing - Hazel, WOYWW #10 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had shingles that sent me blind it was in the eyes. termporary thank goodness as I got to it within the first 12 hours so viral medication was available but this is new for me ear shingles, suppose it is roughly the same area. Knocked me around for weekes on end. I do hope you are feeling better now. Keep smiling.

    Oh love the tidy desk, now have fun and mess it up again.

    Eliza #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am late with my rounds, technically it is still Wednesday somewhere in the world I think! Great and very organised space and Happy Woyww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start to feel better soon [[hugs]]. Love your work space, so many fab and fun projects going on :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is some quick tidy up, is it like mine where you daren't open any cupboards fr fear of it collapsing. Hugs, Amanda #123

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara, sorry your shingles is still bugging you, I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the tour of your creative haven. I spotted a fab Grinch sitting on your shelves - I am a big Dr Seuss fan, in fact I painted a mural in my loo of cat in the hat and the East and West Beasts. I think I might have to add the grumpy Grinch! I am still pottering about visiting folk as I didn't get much time yesterday. Have fun making a creative mess! WOYWW Hugs Helen 64

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely craft room and tidy desk even for a millisecond! BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the shingles, I know they are horrible. I love all your lovely storage space! Anne #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY impressive! And hey, I was a whole day late this go 'round, but hated to miss the party completely!

    :)trisha
    #181

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my workspace. Loving your storage. Ali x #170

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great work space, thanks for the tour! I hope you are felling better soon! Linda #175

    ReplyDelete
  13. Personally, I like the messy appearance your desk took on immediately after snapping the first picture. It looks more home to me :) I hope you recover soon...Alaska...that's one of those places my husband threatens we are going to move to because he's tired of Californians..do you love it there? Happy WOYWW on THursday #130

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE all the storage! How wonderful! I have to laugh that you tidied up and moments later it looked like tornado alley! Now I know I'm not the only one!
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely co-ordinating pastel shades of storage! Your desk looks nice and busy, hope you create some great stuff. Love the fact you call it your 'Fun Room' :0) I call my studio the 'scriptorium' 'cause I'm a writer and love words! Have a fab week, Deb # 124

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it amazing how quickly a tidy desk can become an untidy desk again?! It all looks like you're having fun anyway! I hope you're feeling better now!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog last week - sorry it's taken so long for me to get back, it's been a hectic week and I'm not sure why!!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)