Sunday, February 5, 2012

Simon Says "Be A Queen"

I said "okay".

It was easy (which was good since I had two hours to make the card, photography it, put it up, and then make the link). When I first got the Wendy Vecchi  stamp I thought, oh my goodness when will I ever use it. It was only because I hadn't met Dyan Reavely and her amazing stamps. So far I have four of her collections and must have more. Not to mention the spray ink Ranger is now carrying in amazing, glorious colors. But again, I digress.



There is weekly challenge at Simon Says Stamps, and the challenge this week was Kings and Queens. I was poking around the web while listening to the Super Bowl and found the link to the challenge on Ellen Vargo's  blog -  who's part of their design team and has many other excellent attributes like her art is way cool. Any way I had picked up the mail this morning and found packages full of art parts and some of Dyan's stamps. There are other things I could/should be doing, but I couldn't wait to play.

The background is three different Tattered Angels sprays on watercolor paper. I used white acrylic paint on a natural sponge and dabbed it on the background. Next I smeared some Grape Jelly ink over top of the white so it was toned down, a bit.  But here's what I like the best. I ripped apart the packaging and smeared some Mustard Seed Distress Ink on the bubble wrap and popped that on top of the whole think. Although you can't see it in the picture, the stems on the leaves are covered with Rock Candy Stickles and it reacted with the Mustard Seed Ink, which I thought was way cool.  


So there you have it. I didn't mean to be a Queen, but the crown I had was a perfect fit and so....there you go.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl.......what an absolutely FABBBBBY card!!! the colors....the images....just WONDERFUL!

    thanks BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a button. I love the stamp you used.Beautiful background technique too! take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this stamp set SARa ain't she fun to play with ......think I have a fair few of the others too so it's even more more to mix and match . Fab love it x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)