Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hearts & Words

Last night one of my daughter's best friends got married. She looked beautiful, as did my daughter who was in the wedding. But I digress. The marriage definitely warranted a handmade card. And because I actually had time, it was fun to do. When I was making it I thought about Hels Sheridian's weekly challenge. LAST week it was hearts. But I got lucky. This week it's WORDS. So I'm going to post a link to this over on her blog,  Ink on My Fingers.


And because Hels does call it Sunday STAMPERS I would like to point out I used two stamps on this little collage. On the background is one of Tim's Stamps, and the large heart is a Memory Box stamp.


I cut three hearts from Grunge Board and that made the heart really stand out from the card. Stickles brought the sparkle!


I wanted the card to have lots of layers and although this photo doesn't do it total just there were four different layers. Kind of like love...lots of layers.

2 comments:

  1. ooh gorgeousness, what a beautiful gift for the happy couple, in years to come they will look back at their wedding cards and see this and know how much went into making it. I love it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... and a very Happy New Year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, your card is so beautiful, I love the hearts and the colour blue is such a lovely change. Happy New Year to you! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)