Friday, December 21, 2012

My excuse for Christmas....Thanksgiving!!

This year Christmas caught me. I flat out wasn't prepared. Partly due to the whole move twice, pack thrice experience of the spring, summer, and early fall, and partly due to truly enjoying making things for Thanksgiving. So here's a quick summary of THOSE projects.

Our son came home for a quick visit and he LOVES Thanksgiving so I wanted it to be special. And when I saw Tim's turkeys last year, I knew I had to make a whole flock of them this year. Which I did and spread them on our table and to my friends. Some loved them; some thought I was just a bit weirder than usual. I found the addition of a little feather in the back to be just the thing.




I made napkin holders out of Tim's "pouch" die and just cut off the ends. The leaves are the small movers and shakers tattered leaves colored with alcohol ink. Geez. That stuff is SO much fun. 


The copper mixative was perfect for these.


And having fun with these is what put me behind at Christmas. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)