Sunday, December 9, 2012

January Calendar Tag

One day at lunch I was cruising through some website and came across Laura Deninson's Follow the Paper Trail and she was hosting a calendar tag project. You make 12 of one month, keep one, send her 11, and then get 11 other months back. That sounded like a good idea in November. By the first week in December I was wondering if I was crazy. Never having made 12 of the same thing, I didn't really understand how long it would take me.

 

But I got them done, mailed them off - one small problem, I forgot to include my name and address in the package...they're signed and I'll send her an email but I might not be cut out for something like this!

I did pretty much like how the tag turned out though.


I started with a print stamp, sprayed London Blue Dylusions Ink and Tumbled Glass Distress Stain on the tag, then three coats of Picket Fence distress stain - drying each layer in-between. Next I took a Tim Holtz snowflake stamp and stamped the tag a few times and then bounced blue perfect pearls on the damp ink. Pouncing is definitely the way to go (she says after much trial error). I used the Dylsuions snowflake stencil and a white gel pen to outline snowflakes some open areas on the tag. Next I used Iced Spruce distress ink and the blue print snowflake stamp --a new favorite--and went over THAT with silver stickler. A couple of coats of white paint, metallic silver, and clear rock candy stickles were applied to the snowflake on the edge die. I used the word play die and the movers and shapers snowflake with some metallic white paper. Some ribbon and a new tag on the back and I was done.....

Looking forward to getting the rest of the tags...

1 comment:

  1. You did great, and when all is said and done, you will be thrilled with what you receive. Kudos! These are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)