Saturday, March 31, 2012

Under the Wire

What a week...not nearly enough time in the Fun Room. Since I have you know, 7 or 8 hours left, I thought maybe I should actually finish my Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 March offering. Like most things I try that Tim suggests, I love the mosaic technique...can't wait to try it on things other than flutterbys. But then again I have my April calendar page to finish (okay and start) and all the Creative Chemistry to catch up on, and tags to make for our April Class at Stamp Cache in beautiful downtown Palmer....and all the other ideas whirling around in my brain!

I bought a couple of wood blocks at Michael's a while ago and since Tim was using a wood grain stamp I thought why not try doing something with wood? First block I tried I used a dark stain on. Mistake. Big Mistake. The next one I started with Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and a bit of Dusty Concord Distress Inks blended together. Oops. Too dark. Picket Fence Stain to the rescue!! Love that stuff.


I am seriously in love with just about all things Dyan Reaveley these days, especially her leaves which come in stamps and stencils. So i popped a few stamped images on the bottom in Bundled Sage, and then broke out the Perfect Pearls. I mixed some copper with water on my craft sheet, painted a bit with that and then Sour Apple. Finally to add a darker color I used my Lucsious Lime Smooch. For the 'branch' I used part of an glassine elegant flourish.

I tried a couple of different embossing powders - the top one is Tinsel Bridal which came out well and a copper color I like alot too.


Finally here's the tag as Tim presented it...we'll probably do this in class, but I like to present another option too.

Back up to the Fun Room!

2 comments:

  1. I love the copper accents on this! It makes me want to go play with some copper real bad; like I have time for that! Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't crazy about Tim's color choice for the mosaic grout and like how you used one of my favorite embossing power colors--copper, instead. I bet you can't wait to see Tim's creation for April (me either).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)