Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 9 - Double Embossing

Or how yellow makes Festive Berries look orange...

Doesn't matter though, I still like the way this one turned out. Of course I didn't have the Hero Arts background stamp Tim used, but I did have a beautiful Anna Griffin tile stamp I used for the background. I used Evergreen Bough as the first ink color, which I then embossed with clear powder. Very shiny. Next I inked the entire card with Festive Berries and embossed it again. I might have over baked it, because I got some little white bumps, but I didn't let that stop me. Walnut stain and Tim's distressing tool finished the edges. Note: if you don't have the distressing tool, consider the investment...it does a fabulous job.

I got the idea of the yellow light in the street lamp from Annette Green - thank you very much Annette. (Check out her blog - she made Christmas ornaments out of the tags - WOW). It's just some yellow alcohol inks on glossy paper. I think I used a combination of Lemonade and, and, well, some other shade of yellow.....


Each year in Palmer, Alaska we celebrate Colony Christmas, a great old fashioned festival in mid-December. A couple of years ago we hatched the idea of using evergreen boughs, white lights and big red ribbons on all the street lights which look very similar to this die cut. It looked great. And our lamp posts are shiny, so I made mine shiny too with Glossy Accents.

And to finish it off I found some small gold embellishments that were just perfect. Hmmmm. I love the Fun Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)