Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 2 - Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Christmas

I was really excited to see the tags that Tim made with the Christmas Kraft Resist....since I had quite a few tags ready to decorate.  One day I was upstairs in the "fun room" and pulled the 12 x 12 sheet out with all the words on it. I started with Picket Fence Stain as the first coat and then used all the pretty colors of the distress stains to color each word. It's all about color for me.....and lately texture, but that's another story.

So if one is good, four are certainly better....and here's what I ended up with:


I like the Snow Man the best. I like the other ones too, but he's so simple and clean....


I don't always pay attention to what side is which at the die cut machine, hence why my dear is looking right....I really enjoyed working on the canvas. It's great with the stains.


And just to round out the group, here's a picture of the tree. The perfect pearls snowflakes make the pictures a bit tough to take, but add a glimmer to the card that is just one more layer of interest.


I learned a lot with this tag and can't wait until I have more time up in the Fun Room.

2 comments:

  1. Really like your tags - welcome to blogland and I hope you have as much fun as I have!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohthese are lovely I do hope you have up loaded them to Tims blog .....nice to see you have got the hang of this uploading stuff now you can join all the challenges ...enjoy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)