Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Buried Treasure

Seth Apter hosts an annual look for buried treasure in our own blogs. I looked and debated and in the end I decided to go back to the beginning...Tim Holtz and his 12 Days of Christmas tags were the reason I started a blog. Little did I know what I was getting in to! So glad I did though. Although I've explored other mediums and media and love to experiment, there is still something appealing about tags. So my buried treasure from 12/4/11 was called:

Day 2 - Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Christmas

I was really excited to see the tags that Tim made with the Christmas Kraft Resist....since I had quite a few tags ready to decorate.  One day I was upstairs in the "fun room" and pulled the 12 x 12 sheet out with all the words on it. I started with Picket Fence Stain as the first coat and then used all the pretty colors of the distress stains to color each word. It's all about color for me.....and lately texture, but that's another story.

So if one is good, four are certainly better....and here's what I ended up with:


I like the Snow Man the best. I like the other ones too, but he's so simple and clean....


I don't always pay attention to what side is which at the die cut machine, hence why my dear is looking right....I really enjoyed working on the canvas. It's great with the stains.


And just to round out the group, here's a picture of the tree. The perfect pearls snowflakes make the pictures a bit tough to take, but add a glimmer to the card that is just one more layer of interest.


I learned a lot with this tag and can't wait until I have more time up in the Fun Room.

4 comments:

  1. Well worth unearthing this one... how cool to take a trip down crafting memory lane!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Loved the 12 Tags of Christmas. I'm sure that feature got a whole lot of people started on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, Visiting through Seth's Buried Treasure project and love the treasure you are sharing. You are right there is something very appealing about art tags and I especially love all the metal you have added to yours. I also had a chance to visit the rest of your blog and love the vibrancy of all your work. I enjoyed my visit and pleased to have found your blog. I have become a follower of your blog with both Google and Bloglovin and will be back to visit you again.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these tags! It's so cool how Tim can come up with something different for each one! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)