Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Messy, Inky WOYWW 209 Desk

Greetings oh fellow Deskers!! I just love that term - thank you Julia!

What a great week it was last week with all the sharing and learning that if you send anything outside the United States you must fill out a customs form. (Goes to show how international my life was before I joined up with WOYWW). And if you are wondering what the heck WOYWW is, please click here to be directed to Julia Dunnit's blog.

I'm a tad bit boring this week.


I got to play for a bit on Sunday evening with Distress Markers and all thing Tim (what FUN!!) and if you are interested, you can see some of my creations here. On the desk above you can see a couple of dragonflies in different color ways, lots of markers, blending tools, stains and ink. At one point I think I must have had about 15 different ink pads open....big smile. 


I was working on my entry for the June Tag in Tim's 12 Tags of 2013 and here's a couple of the experiments. 

Way over on the right hand corner of the desk is my big art journal - partially covered by a bag of ribbon - you can meet Sparkie Bird. He's a work in progress. 

Thanks so much for stopping by the Fun Room as we start a new year of world-wide snooping!! Hope you have a great week and you get plenty of creative time!!

14 comments:

  1. Ha!! Sparkle Bird made me smile...he looks like an eternal optimist, the sort of bird who goes through life trying to be happy...bit like me really!! lol!
    I have sent such a lot of items overseas that the people in our village Post Office have given me a pile of customs forms so I can fill them out at home!! They are always interested to see where my latest parcel is going to...the last one was my ATC to the Phillipines, they thought that sounded very exotic!!!
    Oh, and I thought I saw The Duke charging through my forest on his magnificent black stallion ;-)
    Hugs, LLJ 36 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have to fill in any forms for my envelopes with atc's... maybe they weren't big enough to cause query!! Love your desk, and Sparkle Bird!! Happy WOYWW, Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Just popping in briefly, I'm supposed to be mowing the lawn!
    Still, this is a better way to spend the morning in my opinion.
    15 ink pads, must be a record! Loving the bird.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Neil#34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creative fun at your desk. Happy woyww Jill #82

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hullo rhere Sara.. mm your dragonfly stamp that is soooo gorgeous, I love dragonfly.. and yes can understand the joy of inky fun too your desk is NOT boring :D !
    happy WOYWW and thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz.x #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. All things Tim is a wonderful way to craft and I love the dragonfly stamp. You can never have too many inkpads on the go! Hugs. Pam#9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara
    I am loving how your tags are coming along that is a great dragonfly stamp. Your desk is full of lovely crafting stash, I have had a great poke around there.
    Wishing you a very happy WOYWW and hope you have a great week
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparkie bird is great fun - lots going on with him. Your desk just looks soooo busy it's fabulous. I sent an ATC to the Philippines and had to fill out a customs form too. Postman looked at the words "original artwork" and thought I must be sending something like the crown jewels!!
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #30

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s a nice busy desk for the start of a new WOYWW year Sara. Your tags look to be coming along beautifully.

    Have a great week and……..
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @ #60
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never think markers and dragonflies are boring they are two of my favorite things :) Such a lovely Tim tag you are making it's so fun to see the variations everyone does with them
    hugs Nikki 2

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous desk, with lots of colourful goodies! It just makes me want to pull up a chair and play ... Love your work too, gorgeous tags and fab journal. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@135

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love dragonfly, very pretty! And this owl is adorable.
    Happy WOYWW !
    Gabriele 58

    ReplyDelete
  13. your dragonfly tag is very nice love the background, and sparky made me smile! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sara...belated WOYWW greetings or early ones for tomorrow.
    Missed anniversary WOYWW due to a week of workmen in and last week missed as had a reaction to an insect bite and couldn't use my hand...

    Hoping by now you may have received the ATCs etc I sent you...not sure how long it takes to get to Alaska...

    Great desk - love your dragonflies and especially love Sparkie Bird, he looks very jolly...
    Happy crafting... Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a few words...it's so much fun to get feedback! Here's wishing you sunny skies (at least proverbially!)